Ruby Chorus (RC)
Approximate Grades 1 & 2
The Ruby Chorus rehearses once a week on Tuesdays from 5:40 - 6:30 pm. The Ruby Chorus receives vocal training through a choral program, with additional dramatic training with a drama coach.
Curriculum at the Ruby Chorus level:
- Discovery and development of the singing voice and finding the head voice
- Practice at repeating heard rhythms and melodies
- Using hand gestures and facial expressions to express text
- Teaching basic dramatic techniques, especially awareness and response
- Positive performance experience both as an autonomous group and alongside older divisions of the CCOC
Every two weeks students receive 100 minutes of instruction:
- 50 minutes of music instruction
- 50 minutes of movement
Rehearsal time: 50 minutes weekly
The Ruby Chorus participates each season in a winter and spring concert, and in the junior division staged opera. They also appear in the fully staged annual opera production. During the season they will have other performance opportunities.
A ½ day team-building music and drama camp is held in September, and is mandatory for all members.