Except for the Butterfly Chorus (young people entering JK or SK in September 2022), admission to the CCOC is by audition only. Young people are placed on their musical skill level, dramatic abilities, ability to listen, willingness to learn, first, followed by age. Placement is at the sole discretion of CCOC staff.
Auditions for the 2022/23 season will be held in-person at St. Clement’s Church (70 St. Clement’s Ave., Toronto):
- May 15 (2 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
- May 29 (2 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
- June 22 (4 p.m. to 7 p.m.).
General Information - Auditions:
- They’re an opportunity to get-to-know you and a chance for CCOC artistic team to work with you to see how you learn. They help us place you in an appropriate chorus so you have the best start possible on your journey with the CCOC.
- Are offered for free, without any obligation to join
- Take approximately 10-15 minutes
- Are by appointment: fill in the Audition Application Form when you are ready to get started!
Audition requirements for singers Grade 6 and up:
- Sing two musical selections: one of which should be a folk song or classical piece, and the other can be a piece that you’re excited to perform;
- Recite one short spoken dramatic selection. For example, four lines of a poem, speech or monologue;
- Sight-sing, and sing back intervals and melodies, and clapping back rhythms;
- Tell us about yourself, your musical and dramatic background and experiences, and other interests.
Audition requirements for singers in Grades 1-5:
- Sing one musical selection: A folk song or classical piece is preferred if you have experience, or a common song like O Canada, Happy Birthday, etc. is perfectly appropriate!
- Recite one short spoken dramatic selection. For example, four lines of a poem or nursery rhyme. You may also be asked to read a few lines of new material.
- Sight-sing, match pitches, and sing back, intervals and melodies, and clapping back rhythms;
- Tell us about yourself, your musical background, and other interests.
To arrange an audition, fill in the Audition Application Form today.
Contact the CCOC office at 416-366-0467 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.