Next Audition Dates are
August 28 and September 11 via Zoom!
Except for the Butterfly Chorus (JK/SK), admission to the CCOC is by audition only. Placement is at the sole discretion of CCOC staff.
Auditions for the 2021/22 season will be held in August and early September.
Additional auditions are sometimes held in December or by appointment throughout the year at the conductors’ discretion.
General Information - Auditions:
- Are offered for free*, without any obligation to join
- Take approximately 10-15 minutes
- Are by appointment - fill in the Online Application Form when you are ready to get started!
- Are only for membership in the organization. Roles and solos in CCOC productions and participation in extra performances (such as selection for Canadian Opera Company productions) are determined by internal auditions open only to current members in good standing.
- Remember that an audition isn’t a test! It’s a get-to-know you and a chance for CCOC staff to work with you to see how you learn.
*First audition - rescheduled or repeated auditions may be assessed at a small charge
Even if your piece requires accompaniment, given the circumstances, we are happy to hear you sing without accompaniment.
You can also choose to sing with a pre-recorded accompaniment track.
Audition requirements for singers Grade 6 and up:
- Two musical selections, at least one of which should be a folk song or classical piece
- One short spoken dramatic selection. For example, 4 lines of a poem, speech or monologue
- Auditionees will be asked to sing ear tests such as singing back intervals and melodies, and clapping back rhythms
- Auditionees will be asked to sight-sing
Audition requirements for singers in Grades 1-5:
- Be prepared to sing a song. A folk song or classical piece is preferred if you have experience. O Canada is also a good choice
- One short spoken dramatic selection. For example, 4 lines of a poem or nursery rhyme. You may also be asked to read a few lines of new material.
- Candidates will be asked to sing ear tests such as singing back echos, intervals and melodies, and clapping back rhythms
- Candidates with experience will be asked to sight-sing
To apply for admission and arrange for an audition Online Application Form today.
Contact the CCOC office at 416-366-0467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.