The Earth Sings
May 7, 2022 | 3 pm
St. Clement's Church
70 St. Clement's Avenue, Toronto
A CCOC Junior Choruses opera written by Chelsea Woolley with members of the CCOC's Intermediate Chorus
Music by Rutter, Papoulis, and more!
Directed by Chelsea Woolley and conducted by Andrea Donais (Intermediate, Apprentice, and Ruby Choruses) and Caroline Pai (Butterfly Chorus).
Grieving the loss of their mother, a brother and sister find solace in the enchanted woods that their mother once frequented. Through the power of nature, song, and new animal friends, the children and their father are reminded of the importance of love, memories, and the beauty of the earth.
Featuring the children in the Butterfly Chorus, Ruby Chorus, Apprentice Chorus, and Intermediate Chorus of the Canadian Children’s Opera Company.
Suitable for all ages. The piece runs for approximately 60 minutes with no intermission.
$25 adults | $15 youth, 15 years and younger
On Sale Now!
Think of our environment and download a copy of the program when it becomes available.
- Learn more about the CCOC's Junior Division artistic staff involved in the creation and performance of The Earth Sings!
TICKET AND SEATING POLICIES
- All tickets must be purchased in advance. Tickets will not be available at the door.
- Doors will open for audiences 30 minutes prior to the performance (2:30 p.m.). Audiences are asked to enter the church via the doors on Duplex Avenue (between Briar Hill Avenue and St. Clement’s Avenue).
- Seating: Priority will be given to the parents/caregivers who have been actively volunteering since September (Bingo volunteers, rehearsal volunteers, office volunteers, etc.). All remaining pairs of tickets will be seated using a lottery.
- St. Clement’s Church is fully accessible. If you require accessible seating or if you use a wheelchair, we encourage you to contact our Executive Director, Katherine Semcesen, at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the performance so that appropriate arrangements can be made. If you forget to connect in advance, not to worry, our helpful volunteers will be there to assist you.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
(according to most current public health safety measures and protocols)
- Performers and audiences are required to wear a mask while inside the venue.
- As capacity limits and social distancing requirements have been lifted, ticket holders will be sat close to one another.
- Audience members will be asked to self-screen prior to entering the church.
- Any audience members experiencing any COVID symptoms or are feeling unwell are asked to stay home. A live stream of the performance will be available on the CCOC’s YouTube channel
- Location of the Performance: The church is located at 70 St. Clement’s Avenue in the Yonge and Eglinton neighbourhood.
- Parking: Street parking is available, with several Green P lots nearby
- Public Transit: St. Clement’s Church is approximately a 10-minute walk from Eglinton subway station on the Yonge-University line.
- Road Closures: We encourage all audience members to check the City of Toronto’s most updated road closures the day of the performance.