Alice In Wonderland
Berkeley Castle Courtyard
2 Berkeley St., Toronto
Enter the courtyard through the gates next to 248 The Esplanade
Composed by Errol Gay
Libretto by Michael Patrick Albano
“Curiosity can help us, to open new doors, reaching far to the edge of our soul.
The voyage starts with a tentative step, or a tumble down a rabbit hole.”
– Alice, Alice in Wonderland, libretto by Michael Patrick Albano
Join us as we travel down the rabbit hole! Visit the magical world of the Caterpillar, the Cheshire Cat, and the Queen of Hearts through a spectacular musical score and adventurous retelling of Lewis Carroll’s classic tale. Complete with whimsical costumes and props, the 50-minute opera is suitable for all ages and offers a perfect introduction to opera, especially for young children.
Featuring the Canadian Children’s Opera Company’s Youth Chorus, accompanied by piano.
Sylvia Dai (June 3 at 7 p.m. & June 5 at 5 p.m.)
|Caterpillar||Lucy Crow, Sophia Millan, Arianna Forgione, Rachel Harper, Cecilia Rugard, Zahra Somji|
|The Duchess||Madelaine Ringo-Stauble|
|Cooks||Josh Fralick, Felixe Pellizzari|
|Children||Uma Gianguli, Vikram Srinivas|
|Frog Footmen||Lucas Drube, Christoph Kassir, Nicholas Skene, Finleigh Smart|
|Cat||Lucy Crow, Josh Fralick, Sophia Millan, Zahra Somji|
|Small Alice||Cecilia Rugard|
|Tea Maids||Lucy Crow, Sylvia Dai (June 4 at 7 p.m. and June 5 at 3 p.m.)
Sophie Filip-Vicari (June 3 at 7 p.m. & June 5 at 5 p.m.)
Sophia Millan, Isla Parkekh, Madelaine Ringo-Stauble, Zahra Somji
|Mad Hatter||Lucas Drube|
|March Hare||Uma Gianguli|
|Guards||Arianna Forgione, Josh Fralick, Felixe Pellizzari, Nicholas Skene, Finleigh Smart|
|Queen||Rachel Harper (June 3 at 7 p.m. & June 5 at 5 p.m.)
Vikram Srinivas (June 4 at 7 p.m. and June 5 at 3 p.m.)
$25 adults | $15 youth/child (18 years and younger)
Bring a picnic and a blanket or sit in chairs and join us for a tea party! Seating is general admission.
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
Special CCOC Alumni Performance: Saturday, June 4 at 7 p.m.
|Music Director||Teri Dunn|
|Stage Director||Chelsea Woolley|
|Stage Manager||Joey Lau|
(*including some props and costumes from the CCOC’s 2015 production of Alice in Wonderland designed by Jim Wilson; costume designer, Lisa Magill; and props coordinator, Michele Morgan)
- Ticketing - Purchases and Seating: A standard ticket will not be issued. Instead, you will receive a confirmation of your order at the end of your purchase. The order will be listed under the name of the purchaser. Please arrive with your proof of payment and register at the door. Depending on availability, seats may be available for purchase at the door. Seating is general admission.
- Doors Open: Doors will open 30 minutes prior to each performance.
- General Policy: All sales are final. Payment is processed immediately on receipt of order, after which there are no cancellations or refunds. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to check their ticket for the correct performance time. Program and artists are subject to change without notice.
- Ticket exchanges and releases can only be made by the individual who has purchased the ticket(s).
- Weather Policy: A rain policy is currently being developed. Audiences will be informed of the rain plan the week prior to the performance.
- Exchanges: All tickets are exchangeable for another performance of Alice in Wonderland (subject to availability) up to and no later than one full week before the original performance date. Exchanges can be made by calling 416-366-0467 x108.
- Latecomers: Latecomers will be admitted during an appropriate time in the opera.
- Parking: Nearby parking includes:
- Public Transit: Take the 504 King Streetcar line and get off at Parliament Street and walk south.
- Road Closures: We encourage all audience members to check the City of Toronto’s most updated road closures the day of the performance.